11/16/16

Short Post


Just a short post today...I'm trying to catch up on housecleaning, laundry, basic upkeep. You know, all the things that fall apart in a house when no one is watching. I mean, you should see my bathroom. Wait...on second thought, no you shouldn't!

The turkey-for-Thanksgiving ration problem has been solved. The college is handing out free turkeys to all faculty. Hey, I'm not the sort of girl who turns down free food. Don't judge me.

I've decided to just start over with the rationing. I'll use up the food I have right now and do grocery shopping this weekend. I still have a few Black Market credits I'm holding onto...may use them for Christmas.After all, what is Christmas without candy canes?

On Monday, I may (if the Lord is willing and the creek don't rise...and the cars don't break down) have lots of stories about Cold War bunkers (not WW2, but still.) and some interesting pictures to go along with them. I'll give you a hint on Friday...see you then!

2 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

Just remembering Burns' words, "The best laid schemes o' mice an' men, / Gang aft agley,..."

Catherine said...

Gorges, Oh how I empathize with those mice!

The wheel bearings for the car came today and the dealership says the wheel studs should be at the mechanic's by Friday, so things should get better after next Monday. As long as the truck doesn't break down in the meantime, we're golden. (Knocking on wood frantically.)