9/16/16

Planning Stages: Clothes


As I was going over the recommended wardrobe list, packing away clothes, and sorting through sweaters, I ran into a few snags (Hah! See what I did there? That were pun-ny) (...or not.)

ANY-way, as I was saying before my immature brain so rudely interrupted, the clothing list left out such things as shorts, sandals, and swimsuits. There is also no allowance for farm living. For example, if I'm going to be mucking around in the barn, I need barn boots, not tennis shoes. I also need a few items (pants, tops) that are either capable of standing up to animals or are in such a state that I don't care if they do. I also need a dedicated barn coat so I don't smell like goat every time I go to town.

So I made an executive decision to add 2 pair of shorts, 1 pair of sandals, and 1 swimsuit to the list, as well as 2 pair of barn pants, 4 barn shirts (for layers), 1 barn coat, and 1 pair of barn boots.

Here was my closet then:

(I wasn't joking about the stuffed-to-overflowing.My clothes to the left, Danny's to the right, where you can't see them.)
 
Here is my closet now:

 (You can actually see Danny's clothes now. He's still working on sorting, but he's getting there.)

2 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

I'm sure folks then made allowances just the same as you.

Catherine said...

Gorges, I keep picturing Veronica Lake mucking out the goat stalls in a clingy dress and high heels, her hair falling over one eye.

I have to say, though, it IS nice to be able to see my clothes. When they were all crammed together, I couldn't even get to some hanging in the very back. Cleaning it out was almost like Christmas (Oooh, look! I got a dress! And a jacket! and three identical shirts!...)